Sorry, I couldn’t think of a witty post title. I have failed you *seppuku*.
As my last post suggested, I’m beginning to work on my swordsmen interspersed between other model to try and soften the, what I guess can described as, monotony of painting a full sized twelve man unit. I didn’t have a super clear picture in my head of how I wanted them to be painted, just that I wanted to have something in between my Shepard and my Warmongers. The model you see above is the initial test model…
Here’s the first of five Cinerators. I really love these models. And sorry for the kinda bad picture, the lighting is not what it should be at my place
I’m hoping to have the other four done by the weekend which will bring up to 25 points easily.
High Exemplar Kreoss (*5pts)
* Repenter (4pts)
* Crusader (6pts)
* Vanquisher (8pts)
Choir of Menoth (Leader and 3 Grunts) (2pts)
Exemplar Cinerators (Leader and 4 Grunts) (8pts)
Vassal of Menoth (2pts)
This at least buys me a 6 week buffer (2 weeks @ battlebox games, 2 weeks @ 15 points, 2 weeks @ 25 points) since everything we play with is supposed to be painted. Then I can focus on the other Exemplar models in my queue, of which there are 24 + 1 Seneschal and Warcaster. Oh and all the Daughters of the Flame models, of which there are 12 + 1 solo and warcaster.
I’ve noticed I have a low tolerance for painting units. It seems like any more than four and I begin to hate them and they end up a sloppy mess. Or unfinished (hello Iron Fang Pikemen). I really want to avoid that with my Menites, so I think I will handle them with this recipe (hopefully for success):
Sprinkle in a remaining warjack or warcaster as palette cleanser.
Handling it this way will take care of the two units of Knights Exemplar and Daughters of the Flame. But that leaves 12 models of Exemplar Errants. For those I’m going to try to the same thing but every third, squeeze in a solo that I have left, which is the Covenant, Vilmon, and a Paladin. That should carry me through them.
Harbringer is last. I really want to take my time on her. She’s a definite centerpiece model, ever since I laid my eyes on her.
After much contemplating on a scheme, I just decide to jump right in. I went with a send up of a previous attempt (my first one in fact) and to be completely honest I was not sold on it initially. But I soldiered on.
Here at about 90-ish% done, I am glad I did. I think it looks pretty great.
What about you readers? I’m still very much open to any feedback or suggestions you all may have!
Special Note: Thanks to PP forum user Taranos for putting the image through Photoshop to bring it closer to what it actually looks like.
What a joy to paint. This is my test model for Cylena Raefyll and her Nyss Hunters and I am extremely proud of it. Personally I really think this could easily be considered “above Table Top” quality.
Just a short post today because the painting has started for the Slow Grow League and I have family and friends coming to. visit in the coming weeks so I’ll be busy for sure. My first major goal of the league however: To get a Menoth battlebox painted by July 16th (that’s when the games start).
Today (Sunday) I was able to finish the other three left. Now to get that blister so I can have a proper min unit. Oh and I also gotta get Valachev. Sorry for the cell phone pic…
Continuing with my painting ADD, I popped out this test model for one of my converted Kayazy Assassins. I went with a more darker scheme than my usual, since they are assassins after all. I still managed to keep the cloak as the red on the inside, white on the outside, that pretty much everything else that has a cloak/cape has on my Khador. That way they are still tied into the rest of my white Khador with that element.
Still a WIP as I still need to do the cloak (2 brush blending time!) and highlighting and additional detailing everywhere else.
I think that I really like this scheme, although it’s more inline with my Zerkova than my Strakhov.