I’ve been busy lately! Last night I finished up 2 more Iron Fangs, bringing the total to 4. That’s a third of the unit done! Well…minus their pikes. Still working up the courage to brass rod them…
And who’s that leading the charge? Why, it’s Koldun Kommander Zerkova, the much maligned Khadoran warcaster. I’ve really been wanting to paint her since I based her. I like the pose and model and my painting ADD was getting the best of me (yes, that’s Beast-09 in the background, almost done). Lost Hemisphere’s March Paint the Target gave me the perfect excuse to do just that. Hey, her Twister spell is an AOE…
I know it seems like I’ve had a lot of random content or Work in Progress posts lately. So where are the finished model posts?
Well, I have a lot of models that are done and that are just waiting for snow on their bases at this point. I’m waiting to seal them however and the weather has not be cooperating. I really don’t want these recent ones getting frosted, especially my latest warcasters, as I feel they are some of the best I’ve done so far.
Today I had a good amount of time to get some work done, so that I did! I all but finished the UA for the IFP and I love the way the scheme turned out. I wrestled with how to paint them for a while, and I guess that was just one of the reasons why I’ve been putting them off. These actually went by much faster than I thought (another reason I was putting them off), so maybe doing a full unit won’t be so bad. I have still yet to brass rod them all so the other arms are just for show in the pics right now (you can spy the blue tac).
I also decided to keep them at as regular IFP rather than the Black Dragons, because while I like the Black Dragon shields and banner more, the mini-feat was what decided it for me. I feel the extra movement would have more uses generally than an +4 ARM for a turn.
On to the Eliminators.
Ahh, the Eliminators, how I love thee (until I face them that is). These ladies are done minus their faces and some highlights on the capes. I attempted eyes on them about 4-5 times now, but it always looks terrible. I don’t think I have a brush with a point small enough for the task yet. Maybe I need a 000 (3/0/0)?
Oh and I forgot to mention, I am getting another pair of Eliminators. Muahahaha.
Group shot to see how they would fit into the rest of my army.
Kayazy Eliminators, almost done, just missing eyes.
I’m back with a painting frenzy! On my table I have the Eliminators that I previewed yesterday, this time with a bit more work done, about 75% to completion. Also are the two warjacks I’ve been working on (slowly), a Decimator and Beast-09. I’m chugging away at Beast-09 but I’m having trouble because he is put together. I guess I’m so use to painting each part separate, but for whatever reason I decided to put Beast-09 together before painting him. I have no idea how you guys get the results you do with fully assembled models. Paint gets everywhere where I don’t want it and then there are times I can’t even reach some areas to paint!
Also I got started on 3 of the 12 Iron Fang Pikemen I have. I use them in every game pretty much, so it’s about time really. I’m going to tackle them in sets of 3 to keep my sanity…oh, and I have yet to do their brass rods…