Didn’t catch the 2014 keynote at Templecon? Don’t have time or weren’t about to watch the video? I got you covered brahs.
- Still in progress but about 50% done
- Large Orgoth presence in Video Game (Feels like Vikings/Mayan/Aztec combined)
- Everything looks visually very well done, but no real updates on gameplay
- They told us they love us…
- New book called Unleashed, essentially the Hordes edition of the IKRPG. It is a separate rules system, but fully compatible with IKRPG. Apparently it has a very wild, feral feel.
- Next Hordes book
- Helga the Conqueror – Pig Caster
- Xerxes2 – Xerxes riding a rhino. Is a 120mm base (so Skorne Battle Engine Caster)
- Jagga Jagga – Gatormen Warlock
- New Legion character warbeast – Nephilim for Saeryn & Rhyas with 2 affinities dependent upon which twin (and let me add to this: HELL YES!)
- Gatormen Battle Engine – Massive Stone Temple/Pillar pushed by gigantic albino gators. Gathers souls of enemies/friendlies regardless of who kills them
- Farrow Battle Engine – The Meat Thresher. Think of an Ork Battlewagon with a giant grinder on the front.
- Warbeast Packs – Cross between warbeast/unit. “Lesser” lesser warbeasts. Count as units and warbeasts. No damage spiral, each model has a damage track. Use Fury that go on the leader of the pack, can’t be forced beyond the unit max size.
- Lesser Warlocks for factions, no built in battlegroup but limited in choices but some do include discounts on certain types of beasts (pyre trolls, griffons, etc)
- Circle one visually is awesome (the Falconer) and is Griffon focused
- Trollblood one focuses on Pyre/Slag trolls and is a character
- Legion lesser warlock is visually awesome (or this could have actually been eAbby, but they flashed the image as they were talking about the Lesser Warlocks)
- Possible character Satyr beast for Circle was shown
- New Boardgame Level 7:Invasion
- No game details
- Cephalyx are a Merc contract
- Play “very Machiavellan” – Elite leaders commander expendable troops
- Some troops are walking arcnodes that the leaders can shoot spells out of and destroys them in the process
- Very focused on pyschic powers, taking over minds, etc.
- UA that can attach to any small/medium base Merc Unit (doesn’t have to be Cephalyx) and takes control of their mind
- Their “jacks” are living models, called monstrosities, don’t have a cortex, have a brain system. Don’t count as warjacks
- Have a damage grid
- Low defense (DEF 10), medium armor (ARM17), full damage grid (36 boxes). Shown on a card.
- None of them cost above 7 points, aggressively costed
- Subduer (net and spear), Wrecker (2 [reach]wrecking balls), and Warden (caster protector)
- First caster has Focus 8, can turn monstrosities into arc nodes, and feat manipulates enemy models (sounded like movement)
- Sounds like they will play like pirates, lots of powerful solos that buff your infantry that is pretty generic
- Available at Lock n Load
That’s all of it. Anything you’re particularly excited about? My love for Rhyas and the Nephilim Soldier is well know so a character beast version that looks like it’s wielding dual swords is so, so very money.